How to Shop a Consignment Sale for the Best Bargains?
How do you shop a Consignment Sale and score some big time baby bargains? Here are some tips from some of LexFUN!’s well-seasoned shoppers:
- Go early and have time to spare – With thousands of clothing items, toys and equipment to choose from, go to the Sale early and give yourself extra time to shop. Slow down and look through all the racks.
- Know what you need and prioritize what you’ll shop first – Go through your children’s closets and drawers beforehand and make a list of what’s needed.
- Think about seasonal needs and put sizes right on your list (e.g., Katie – spring clothes, size 6 mos; winter clothes, size 12 mos, Nicky – spring clothes, size 6, winter clothes size 7, boots size 2). The best baby gear goes fast so plan to head to that section first if gear is on your list!
- Leave the kids at home – Most shoppers will find shopping more enjoyable if they leave the little ones at home. Also, strollers aren’t allowed on the selling floor.
- Bring a friend – Shopping is more fun with a friend!