LexFUN!’s Top 10 Tips for Successful Consigning
Start tagging early! Use Power Tagging to create hundreds of tags in minutes! The deadline for printing and tagging all items is Tuesday, April 18 at 11:59pm. No barcode price tags can be printed after this deadline!
Use the Pricing Guidelines to help you price items to sell!
- Spending a little extra time getting your items ready will make a huge difference in profits. Clothes that are clean and smell fresh, with buttons and zippers closed, look better and sell quicker. Put working batteries in all toys and equipment – items that work are the first to sell.
- Print your price tags on white card stock (60, 67 or 110 pound) – regular printer paper tears easily and doesn’t read well at checkout.
- Use adult-sized wire hangers whenever possible - Dry cleaners are a great source for free wire hangers!
- Put all clothes on hangers except pants, jeans, overalls, shorts and skirts.
- Hang clothes so the top of your hanger forms a question mark when looking at the front of the garment.
- Use tagging guns (so easy!) or safety pins (no straight pins without clasps please!) to attach your price tags and pin them to the upper-right side of your clothes.
- Tie shoes together or put them in a plastic bag. Attach your price tags with clear packing tape, but please do not tape over the barcode (the scanners cannot read through tape).
- Spread the word about the sale – tell your friends! Remember, as a seller, the more people who know about the sale the more of YOUR items will sell.