Preschool Scholarship Applications
Through LexFUN!’s Preschool Scholarship Fund, we provide opportunities for children of families with financial need to get quality early education to support their child’s lifelong learning. Scholarships typically range from $250 to $4,000. Since our scholarship fund was founded, LexFUN! has awarded over $300,000 to local families!
- To receive funding for the Fall Semester – Apply by July 1st (Note: This deadline is usually June 1st, but has been extended due to the unprecedented circumstances in 2020. Please check back as the new July 1st deadline is subject to change pending further guidance from Governor Baker and Lexington Public Schools related to preschool re-openings.)
- To receive funding for the Spring Semester – Apply by November 1st
There are two ways to apply:
- LexFUN! Preschool Scholarship Online Application Form (preferred method)
- LexFUN! Preschool Scholarship Manual Application Form
Scholarship Program Guidelines
- The application must be filled out completely in order to be considered. All fields and questions are mandatory unless specified as optional.
- Scholarship awards will be based on three main criteria: (1) financial need, (2) availability of funds and (3) number of eligible applicants. With respect to financial need, the LexFUN! Scholarship Committee looks at an applicant’s whole financial picture including income, expenses, number of dependents, and any special circumstances.
- Applicants must reside in Lexington. The child must be between 2.9 and 6 years old at the start of the semester and enrolled in a preschool program in Lexington.
- Scholarship funds shall be paid directly to the preschool the child will attend.
- Scholarships will be awarded for the current school year or a portion of the school year. Recipients wishing to continue to receive scholarship funds for the following year must reapply each year.
- Parents/guardians must notify LexFUN! if the child withdraws from preschool during the year.
- Your application, including all financial information, will be kept strictly confidential and will be used only for the purpose of evaluating your scholarship request.
- Scholarship awards shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or English proficiency.